Want to add YouTube videos to your WordPress blog? Want to do something nice with the videos on your blog? Take a look at my list of free YouTube plugins for WordPress. From simple video embed plugins to advanced video search and import tools, you will find all types of plugins here. Just go through the list and you will be amazed to learn how many different ways are there to use YouTube videos on a WordPress blog.
List of YouTube Plugins for WordPress:
1. WP YouTube: This plugin helps you in presenting your YouTube videos without the effort to paste the whole embed-code. You only need the YouTube ID, the rest is handled by WP YouTube. You can set options to manage all the YouTube videos at the same time. With the new profile editor it is even possible to set different settings.
2. Smart YouTube: Smart Youtube allows you to easily insert Youtube videos/playlists in your post, comments and in RSS feed. The main purpose of the plugin is to correctly embed videos into your blog post. It also supports playback of high quality videos, works on iPhone, produces xHTML valid code, allows you to view videos in full-screen and most recently supports YouTube playlists.
3. YouTube with Style: One of my favorite YouTube plugins. It will let you embed YouTube videos without the default player. Yes, YouTube with Style adds a custom video player. With this plugin, you can add a video via the post media manager. You can search, preview and automatically insert videos without leaving your site. Alternatively you can use the YouTube shortcode to add a video to your blog post. You can also add a widget to your sidebar with videos from your YouTube account.
4. TubePress: This simple plugin displays YouTube and Vimeo galleries in your posts, pages, and/or sidebar. With TubePress, you can easily embed individual videos with all associated meta information (description, length, author, etc). Itâ€™s easy-to-use shortcode syntax lets you insert galleries throughout your site with no coding. It is available in eight languages: English, German, Hebrew, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish. TubePress is also available as a stand-alone PHP library.
5. Youtuber: A beautiful WordPress plugin that lets you embed YouTube videos in your blog posts by using simple â€˜tagsâ€™. So, your blog posts always remains clean. This plugin replaces the video tags with valid XHTML code. With Youtuber WordPress plugin you can also adjust the width and height of all videos embedded in your blog.
6. Daikoâ€™s YouTube Widget: This WordPress plugin adds a sidebar widget to display a predefined number of random YouTube videos of your own choice. To display selected videos you can make your own video list in the widget-control-panel. It comes with two player options: ThickBox player to display videos as a pop-up and default Daikoâ€™s VideoPlayer Widget. The widget also supports RSS-feeds from tag(s) and user(s).
7. [GWA] Google YouTube Video Bar: Ever wanted to add related YouTube videos to your blog posts? This plugin actually does so. It will add a Google YouTube Video Bar with targeted content to your content. Search results are obtained in real-time based on post tags or slugs by using the public Google YouTube Videobar API. You can also set a default keyword to show specific content. Options include vertical or horizontal bar and medium or small video thumbnails. Look of your video bar can be modified by using CSS.
8. Automatic Youtube Video Posts: This plugin can automatically import and post videos from any YouTube account. According to your settings, it can publish new posts or save as drafts. You can also set it to automatically update your Twitter status using text you specify. The Automatic Youtube Video Posts plugin can also display YouTube video meta.
9. TubePress.NET: With this plugin, you can easily create a niche videos site, search for a keyword and import all related videos from Youtube and post them into your blog. From the plugin admin menu you can choose parameters you would like to import. For example, the title, description, rating score, video length, upload date, author, number of views etc. You can customize the video player size to fit into your blog. There is a ThumbView option, which uses a thumbnail image of the imported video with a text description underneath. You can even choose to add Google AdSense ad units into the post.
10. Berri Youtube Gallery: Berri YouTube Gallery plugin lets you show a YouTube video gallery with customized appearance on your blog sidebar. It is very easy to customize and you can insert an image in the video thumbnail. No special YouTube API is required. All you need to do is write the video URLs in the widget control panel and you are good to go.
11. ZD YouTube FLV Player: With this plugin, you can easily display FLV and YouTube Video in you blog in a Custom Player. To add a video use [zdvideo]url[/zdvideo] shortcode in your post or page, where url is the URL of the video. This plugin uses SWFObject 2.1 to embed the flash player. So, the xHTML generated is W3C Valid.
12. Youtube VideoBox Plugin: With this plugin you can add unlimited number of sidebar widgets to display Youtube videos in XHTML valid format. Customization is easy and you can set the width and height for videos directly in your widget panel. Optionally it can give you the ability to chose colors in YouTube and enable or disable them in your widget panel.
13. Viperâ€™s Video Quicktags: This plugin adds some new buttons to the write screen of WordPress from where you can post videos by providing the video URL. It supports YouTube, Google Video, DailyMotion, Blip.tv, MySpaceTV, Spike.com, Vimeo, Veoh, Viddler, Metacafe, Flickr and WordPress,com videos. Supported video formats include Flash Video Files (FLV), QuickTime (MOV, etc.) and Generic video files (AVI, MPEG, WMV, etc.). You can fully configure how the videos are displayed (width, height, colors, alignment on the page).
14. Youtube with Fancy Zoom: This plugin lets you add YouTube videos with jQuery based fancy zoom effect. You can use it to display random videos on an widget or a video gallery on sidebar. Style can be easily customized using CSS.
15. Simple Video Embedder: Let you easily embed video within your posts. Adds a widget to the posting screen that enables you to post videos by simply providing the URL to the video hosted on common video sharing websites. The Simple Video Embedder plugin also works with self hosted FLV (Flash) or MP4 (Quicktime) videos.
16. EasyTube: This simple plugin lets you embed YouTube and Google Videos using one simple tag. EasyTube also places a preview image with a link to the YouTube video in your RSS feed. You can set global options for your videos in the EasyTube option menu.
17. My YouTube Playlist: This WordPress plugin adds a Youtube video and a list of thumbnails of your choice. The video thumbnails are clickable and replaces the video without reloading the page. Videos can be added to post by using shortcodes. The interface is fully customizable using CSS.
18. YouTube Embed: This simple plugin will help you in embedding YouTube videos in your WordPress theme. With this plugin you can add videos to your blog with a function call, a short code or with a sidebar widget. The default settings for your videos can be easily changed from the YouTube Embed options page in your blog administration panel. YouTube Embed: works with all the current YouTube API parameters, including HD video, and produces XHTML valid output.
19. VideoGall: With this plugin you can easily create a video gallery with beautiful ShadowBox effect. You can add videos from different sites through the admin panel. Videos can be categorized and displayed according to their categories. VideoGall plugin also lets you edit or delete already added videos.
20. YouTube Poster: With this plugin you just select the videos that you want to place on the blog and press a button. All the videos will then be placed as separate blog posts. The plugin executes a search on YouTube by keyword and category. It displays a list of all videos found. You check off the videos that you like and then the program will create blog posts for each video.
21. YouTube Sidebar: Letâ€™s you add videos to your sidebar. You can add more than one video to each post, display Google AdSense ads when there are no videos to show. Ability to activate or deactivate videos on pages, archives or categories.
22. WP YouTube Lyte: This WordPress plugin inserts â€œLite YouTube Embedsâ€ in your blog. The videos look and feel like normal embedded YouTube, but donâ€™t use Flash unless clicked on. So, WP-YouTube-Lyte will deliver an entirely flash-less YouTube experience while reducing the download size & rendering time on your blog.
23. Youtube Thumbnailer: This plugin runs through the posts in your blog and finds embedded YouTube videos to set videos thumbnails. The thumbnails are saved in a custom field named â€œthumbnailâ€ or anything you change it to in the settings page.
24. Lightview Plus: This plugin implements lightview (similar to lightbox) of Nick Stakenburg into your blog and automatically changes all image links and select video links, so that they will open with lightview. Right now, Lightview Plus plays videos from YouTube, blip.tv and Vimeo. You can add videos as usual by using the “Embed Video” button in your editor. The rest will be done by this plugin automatically.
25. WP JW Player: This plugin gives you a customizable flash player with embed function, RSS feeds which allows you to publish videos and text content at the same time. It supports both self-hosted and YouTube videos. It can also fetch rss feeds (default Google News) related to a certain keyword.
Note: This list is without any specific order. So, don’t think that those on top are better or those on bottom are worse. Though all of them are related to same topic, different plugins serves different purposes. So, pick the ones that meets your requirements perfectly.
You might also like: