Can I place Google AdSense ads on a site with adult content? One blogger asked me once. The answer is no. You can’t use AdSense to publish advertisements on web pages with mature or adult content. Adult or mature content are prohibited by this popular contextual advertising network for publishers. According to Google AdSense guidelines, placing ad units on sites with adult content or content which you can’t view comfortably at work or with family member is not permitted. So, using AdSense on adult content is not a good idea. In other words, you can only display AdSense ads on sites with family-safe content.
If you are running sites related to any adult niche or if your site is full of mature content, never put Google AdSense ads on your web pages. It is against their program policies and ignoring that might put you in serious trouble including permanent ban from this awesome contextual advertising program.Â If you want to make money online with adult content, you can use advertising platforms that accepts such content or affiliate programs that are specially targeted towards adult traffic. But never use AdSense with adult content.
What are the content that AdSense consider as mature or not family-safe?
- Lewd or provocative images.
- Sexual tips or advice.
- Explicit sexual fetish sites.
- Use of crude or indecent language, including adult stories.
- Adult toys or similar adult products.
- Advertisement or links to sites containing adult content.
Besides mature content, there are some other content too which AdSense network considers inappropriate or unacceptable. As an AdSense publisher you must take care not to put your ad units on web pages with unacceptable content. Otherwise you may end up with a banned or disabled AdSense account. Find below a list of content prohibited by AdSense.
List of content prohibited by Google AdSense:
- Violent content in the form of text, images, videos or other media.
- “Pay-to” sites promising payment or incentives in return of click on ads, reading emails, surfing etc.
- Site selling or promoting drugs, alcohol, and tobacco-related products.
- Online gambling sites and sites driving traffic to online gambling sites.
- Sites selling and advocating weapons and related accessories (except the game of hunting, paintball and airsoft guns).
- Content offering instructions, equipments and services related to hacking and cracking.
- Content promoting illegal activity (production & selling of fake legal documents, fake IDs, counterfeit good etc).
- Content which infringes on the rights of others (underage, non-consensual, or illegal sex acts).
- Content which advocates against an individual, group, or organization.
- Adult or mature content (refer above for details).
So, Google prohibits a lot of content from their AdSense network. In this way, Google wants to keep their network clean and family-safe. If your a Google AdSense publisher, specially a new publisher, always keep it in mind that you are on a family-safe advertising network and try to follow their guidelines while implementing ad units on your website(s). You can read full AdSense program policies here: https://support.google.com/adsense/bin/topic.py?topic=1261918
You might also like: